HCG Diet Plateau Breakers
16 Plateau Breaking Tips that we have found very effective when following Phase 2 on the HCG Diet Protocol.
- Increase your fluid intake to 2-3 quarts per day. Additional fluids will assist in promoting adequate digestion, help prevent constipation and may help to flush out toxins and fat.
- Try increasing your protein by half an ounce. You may not be eating enough calories per day. Avoid consuming less than 550 calories.
- The "apple day". Reduce your fluid intake by 1 quart and eat 6 apples throughout the day. This method typically will rid the body of excess fluids and most patients state they lose about 2 pounds. This method is not recommended on a continuous basis.
- Limit your red meat serving to once per week. Red meat digests slowly in the bowel and may slow down weight loss.
- Make sure you are not using garlic salt. Sea salt and garlic powder are acceptable. All seasoning salts or seasoning products should not be used when on the HCG diet.
- Do not mix vegetables.
- Cut out the allowable carbohydrate snacks such as Grissini bread sticks, Melba toast and Wasa crackers.
- Do not eat the same protein, vegetable or fruit in the same day.
- Make sure there are no antibiotics or flavor enhancers in your chicken or other protein sources.
- Do not eat any canned food products. These have preservatives and flavor enhancers that may slow down weight loss.
- For women, your cycle may cause a weight gain of 2-5 pounds. Be aware of the date of your last menstrual cycle.
- Dr. Simeons "steak day" plateau breaker is not recommended by our physicians to be followed more than 1-2 times during the 6 week course. However, here is the process: Drink as much fluid as possible throughout the day and then enjoy a large steak for dinner.
- You may have 1 tomato and an apple with your steak. Many patients have stated that they have lost about 2 pounds the following day. If you are not having regular bowel movements, a fiber supplement is highly recommended to be taken daily. It is possible to hold 5 or more pounds of stool in the colon. High protein diets most often will cause constipation. If you have discomfort, an over the counter laxative should be taken only as needed. If you have not had a bowel movement in 5 days or longer, please contact your doctor's office for further instruction.
- Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the star condiment on this diet. If you suffer from acid reflux or just dislike the taste, consider taking Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules found at most health food stores. Apple Cider Vinegar has been scientifically proven to release fat within the body and contains similar properties that have been found in grapefruit.
- Intense exercise is not needed for success on the HCG diet. If you have been lifting weights, you should consider cutting down your workouts to just walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day. Resistance training builds lean muscle mass. Lean muscle weighs more than fat and may skew your weight loss on the scale. Keep in mind that we do advise resistance training in Phases 3 and 4. However, it is best to wait until you have finished the Phase 2 HCG therapy.
- Get enough sleep. Many patients have reported that not enough sleep has reflected little or no weight loss on the following day.
Sonia Russell has been a nurse for over 12 years and has coached thousands of patients on the new 800 calorie hCG diet protocol. She is a co-author of the book "The Best Diet You Have Never Heard Of”.